Monday, June 26, 2006

This might sound mean:

Every morning as I take out the rubbish, I see the neighbor next door let loose her dog. Mind you, this dog is about an inch high, and weighs a good 60 pounds. Once her dog uses the outer facilities, he runs over to me, barking. Now I have lived in this particular flat for almost a year, and each time that dog comes near me he makes a fuss. At times, he stands on my back porch and continuously goes on, until I open the door. You see, he has become to be very afraid of me and for good reasons - all I have to do is open the door and he takes off – all I hear are the sounds of his nails scratching the patio, as he tries to pick up speed. It could be the look I give him when I peer around the door or perhaps the tone in my voice. I do not know – I try to be composed, but somehow my teeth clench when I tell him to hush.

I do not dislike dogs, I just cannot comprehend why she allows him to carry on for so long without coming to see what the quandary is. He can go on for hours and hours, until I cannot take it, and go upstairs to the third floor. I sit in my office and I can still hear him. There is no escape. And I have spoken to her.

When it begins to hit midnight, she lets him out again. I roll my eyes and imagine him running straight to my window and he does. I am at my wits end. Someday I am going to make use of this little tyrant – someday I will put my hand in his rear and use him to buff my car. I may get a shriek from his owner,
but I presume that the remainder of the neighbors will be behind me, awaiting their turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home