Assertions of the mind
Before you interpret this I must
divulge to you all that is
clandestine his voice/ a garden
always it exists
in neat rows/ lexis in the lungful of
forget-me- nots/ or the tiny holes in the veins
the promptings of a carnal classicist
the intricate identifiers
such as skin or accent– in the flesh inevitably it imitates
these events slowly pulls faces as I pass the mirror.
  Oh, what a rush!
&
I spend seasons sleepless on his face in the silhouette of
his body/ long after he’s laid it down/
I scatter flowers
obscure
in breath a deeper
blue in the cherry where I draw
his chest to a pause
carry him /to the scents/ each so delicately
decorated in the softness of rivers that utter
devotion But his mouth is heavy
Indeed, I am speaking of the tongue
of the nether sea the vortex in its garrote
no exit
a void a lilac/snapped shut
& I cannot deliver I lift his snowy lids release the colors into the sky
where simplicity
permeates the air & his lips part affectionate wet
I kiss his throat to pursue a sole riposte
feel a con-
striction that tugs my hand
pulls me back
as the night that hangs nervous
in the thickets
Before you interpret this I must
divulge to you all that is
clandestine his voice/ a garden
always it exists
in neat rows/ lexis in the lungful of
forget-me- nots/ or the tiny holes in the veins
the promptings of a carnal classicist
the intricate identifiers
such as skin or accent– in the flesh inevitably it imitates
these events slowly pulls faces as I pass the mirror.
  Oh, what a rush!
&
I spend seasons sleepless on his face in the silhouette of
his body/ long after he’s laid it down/
I scatter flowers
obscure
in breath a deeper
blue in the cherry where I draw
his chest to a pause
carry him /to the scents/ each so delicately
decorated in the softness of rivers that utter
devotion But his mouth is heavy
Indeed, I am speaking of the tongue
of the nether sea the vortex in its garrote
no exit
a void a lilac/snapped shut
& I cannot deliver I lift his snowy lids release the colors into the sky
where simplicity
permeates the air & his lips part affectionate wet
I kiss his throat to pursue a sole riposte
feel a con-
striction that tugs my hand
pulls me back
as the night that hangs nervous
in the thickets


2 Comments:
sometimes i just look at art and somthing resonates deep within me. i couldn't tell you why or what it is but there is a link. a connection. a moment of bliss wrapped in ignorance. i feel like this now having just read your startling poem.
and you have made me smile. grazie.
Post a Comment
<< Home